Wednesday, December 12, 2007

a week of non-stop excitement

hiya fellas, sorry about yesterday's short notice and I'll keep my promise of telling ya exactly what happened during youth camp, I mean not exactly but you'll get it roughly. Let's see what happened...
First of all, I'd like to tell you that I only had one day of break in between the WYSC and XYZ Youth Camp which was on Friday 7th December. I even had to attend three classes on that day in order to graduate from DBS class 2007 so it wasn't even a rest day for me but oh well I have to do what's necessary. I got up at around 7 and reached the church at say 9 am? We had a lil' briefing and a lil' chit chat before the bus arrived. The bus ride took bout 1 hour plus minus and we had MORE chit chat in the bus. Lol
The place was freezing cold and I mean FREEZING cold !!! especially the outdoors, you could really feel your hands turning in to ice. We got off to a great start with the games and stuff, The games were great and I had so much fun and I think everyone agrees with me. We also had our usual Angel-Mortal thing every year and to my disgust, my angel was sleeping next to me throughout the whole camp!!! He was right beside me all the time and I didnt know, tsk tsk. At least he got me some stuff, haha thanks for the poem and magnet, man. We also had some singing dedications for the Angel-Mortal programme, Chronicles nice singing. :)
The food was okay, nothing much to comment bout that, lol. I made so many new friends during the camp especially Mr. John Afro, haha like your "bush-like" hair man. It's like from the 70's or maybe like the hair in the movie "Austin Powers", very funky. The best thing about the camp has to be the preacher Pastor Kevin from City Harvest Church. You ROCK MAN!! and you're only 32, I can't believe it. You're practically one of the coolest guy and pastor I have met. I loved his preaching and just couldn't get my ears off him talking, I mean "who could??". Last but not least, I'm glad that everyone had an encounter with God on the 3rd day. -Sigh- I don't think I really summed up how fun the camp was but seriously, it was an experience of a lifetime. I hope next year's one is gonna get better and the number of campers will rise from 200+ to 300+. I had a BLAST guys and will always treasure the memories.
I'm going away again tomorrow morning for a couple of days and will be back on Friday night in time to celebrate Saturday's Home-E at my house for Christmas as usual ( every year i mean xP ).
Another few busy days to look forward to and more stuff to do and places to go and peoplez to meet. I guess I'll see ya guys in a few days. My friends are planning to watch a 'Die Hard' marathon at my house now, 'Die Hard 1-4'. I better not keep them waiting for too long. See ya' soon.

--darren khoo

No comments: