Saturday, February 9, 2008

Icing on the cake for CNY 2008

yo my peeps.
CNY 2008 is drawing to a close and "wow" so many things has happened over the past week that I can't believe it's only been a week. If only CNY was much longer than it is. - sigh -
As you'll know from the picture above that my relatives from Italy came to visit the family after a decade or so apart. It's been wonderful so far having them with us and the bond never grew apart despite the long distance between the families. I love that. That's my uncle Paolo lying on the floor, my sweet cousin Marina ( 1st row middle ), her grandmother or as we call her "nona" in Italian ( 2nd row from the left ) and my dear auntie Sally ( 3rd row 4th from the left ). It's been a blast spending time with them. Uncle Paolo hasn't changed much from the last time I saw him. H'e still the same cool big guy I knew back then. Marina however changed so much from the annoying brat who used to pull my hair ( if i can remember correctly ) to this wonderful pretty girl she is today. Personality wise I'm not so sure but so far she seems nice. She has been teaching me italian. HaHa!!! I've even been conversing with nona in italian for the past few days. Who knows, I might end up in Italy one day and this will all come in handy after all.
Sadly though, Marina and nona are leaving on the 18th of February because Marina has to resume her schooling back in roma. - BiG SiGh - If only she could spend more time here, then all of the cuzzes could spend just a little bit more time catching up. Oh well, I guess I'll try to earn some cash and go to Italy instead to visit her... someday.
Uncle Paolo and aunty Sally however are going sightseeing and might be bunking in with my family for a few days. hehe
Another thing is that my church had asked all the youth to do something for this year's CNY. I decided to wash the plates, haha. I'm no longer the small little boy who eats as fast as he can so he can get back to playing games or chit-chatting with cuzzes, instead I'm the one with the gloves and sponge scrubbing 'em dirty plates in the kitchen ( with the help of the maid of course XP ). Oh well, at least I've done my part of the share. My sister is yet to do hers, grrrrr.
I have to attend my cousin's ( sadly not in the picture but her siblings and parents are ) wedding tomorrow which starts at around 8.45 in the morning till afternoon where I'll have a few hours break before we resume for the wedding dinner at 7 pm. I've gotta attend a farewell party for you know who on monday afternoon. -sigh- so sad cuz that's gonne be the last time I'll be seeing her. x(
That's followed by finishing a group project for physics to be handed up on Thursday. "Water Rocket" what ever that is. So, that practically wraps up my CNY 2008! I hope you guys also had a memorable one. I certainly did, and still do. I need to go to bed now, it's 12.14 already. See y'all again ASAP!!
till then - good night

P.S. incase you guys wanted to know, Marina is as old as I am. 16 this year xP
--darrenkhoo signing off

No comments: