Friday, December 12, 2008

Time just wasn't right


Well, most of you know what this post will be about. Yeah, it's regarding the recently concluded WYSC2008. I went into this tourney aiming for a top 5 finish or top 10 at the very least. By God's grace I played superbly ( not taking my gibsonised matches into account ) en route to the final play-off. However when it mattered most, I lost composure and played like a mediocre in the final game 4. You should've seen me in the playing room during the 4th game. I was literally sweating and scared before the game started knowing that if I had lost that game, it was all over. More so the fact that the whole world was watching my every move. All the tension and stress got to me and I missed simple bingoes like BIPEDAL, BIPLANE, DAUBIEST and so on. It was really disappointing to end it that way after playing so well during the 22 games.
I guess this just wasn't the right time for me to shine. I musn't worry 'cause I'm sure it's just an opening for more and better things to come. And besides, I have next year to come back and try win that elusive trophy. So, wish me luck for that... though SPM is just around the corner. XP
You can catch all the coverage at http://www.youthscrabble.org/wysc2008/index.html
Anyway, away from all that commotion... Arsenal, Liverpool and Manchester United all had disappointing draws yesterday. Chelsea could take advantage today if they win their match.
Oh and Heroes is into its 12th episode !! I can't wait to see it. I've been stuck on episode 8 for some time now...
In case y'all didn't know, I've superbly head over heels over this actress Jessica Stroup. I think I've posted about it before but I can't help it but to do it again 'cause she' really is BEAUTIFUL. I'm seeing her everywhere on TV now. I hope you take a look at her yourself and tell me what you think of her. xP
Last but not least, regarding my end-year exam results. Well, it's been an improvement from the previous ones but still ended up a disappointing 19th in class. That's probably the result of studying about only 5-6 hours a week, 2 weeks leading up to the exam. At least I'm safe in the top tier class, hopefully... We'll see how that pends out come next year.
Dudes, blogging is tiring so I better go watch the rest of 'em Heroes now. Till next time, peeps!

--darren khoo signing off

No comments: