Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Be who you are

Hi you. Yeah, you the one who's about to spend another 5 minutes or so of his/her life reading this post. I hope you don't waste those 5 minutes. xP
I was thought in English class about skimming and scanning. There was this short explanation on how the 'title' gives the introductory to text you're about to read. Amazingly, a title is said to be the shortest summary of the text.. I never really saw it that way. Anyways, as you can see from the title above.. you're in for another treat of thoughts from dkbw for the day.
Okay, I used to think that playing scrabble is great and all. I mean, it is. More so the fact that I'm quite good at it. But every time people start talking 'bout their superb achievements, I tend to shy away from expressing my talent in the game.. thinking probably it's a nerd game and people might get that perception of me. Hence, I don't really mention it in front of strangers.
However, I must say that as time passes and I become more matured in these sort o' things I realised that there's nothing really to be embarrassed about. 'Cause it doesn't matter that what they think. Seriously... if i'm proud of it and wanna show the whole world then I should, I shouldn't let what a few small people hinder me from what I like doing and am proud of.
So, nowadays I do tell people about it (when asked of course). But that's not really the point. It's the general overview that's really important. This exemplifies the need to just be yourself and not let anyone else decide who you truly are. It could be anything...
--talking 1000 words per minute
--playing computer games and being somewhat of a geek
--doing stupid stuff from time to time
--being very lame in public

there's really no end to it. We all have our many flaws but it's those flaws that make who we are today. We should be proud of it 'cause it differentiates us from the crowd. Your friends and family wouldn't love you if you weren't the way you are. So seriously, ignore those idiots who think otherwise and condemn you for who you are. they're not the kind of people you would wanna hang out with.
So from now on, let's all be who we really are and keep this world going. Oh and off the record, I think the theme song for my life right now is " if you come back in my life" by Blue. haha, maybe i'll update you on why so the next time. I'll see y'all then.
P.S. Freshie Night is on tommorrow at 7.30pm where all the freshmen go out and celebrate our first years in the college. I hope for it to be a blast.
Ciaoz...
-darrenkhoo
signing out

No comments: