Friday, January 15, 2010

Changes / A whole new World

Hey peoplez... yeah it's me again. I don't know why but I just had the feeling of wanting to share on this today. Anyways, so let me begin the epic tale....
You know how everyone experiences change every once a while? A big one or small one, doesn't matter. But surely or not it will come and hit you on the backside. Hopefully you're able to stand up again before the next hit comes and knocks you out.
Well, as I transit from secondary school life to college life I guess it's quite a big change ( well at least for me personally ). But after awhile, you realize that it's not that big a change after all. I mean, everyone goes through it so what does your change make it any more special than the rest? You're just a small fish in a very large pond who is going through what we all know as "life".
But then I think to myself again, yeah sure I'm no one to this world. But I am someone to me and to my loved ones. so I should take concern for myself and don't look down upon myself. It kills self-esteem actually.
But this transition into college life is just an overview of the small lil' things that have happened to me in 2010. I'm sure all of you have your own lil' changes in 2010. It could be...
-having late night chats till 4am for the first time
-getting into a relationship
-helping your friend get into a relationship
-having your best buddies all in a relationship and all working it out together
-shifting to a new place
-having to let go of someone you care for because they're shifting somewhere
-teaching your siblings in their studies
-having to sacrifice things for something better
-having to be a bit more mature when it comes to making choices and vital decisions in life
-learning how to be a lil' bit more obedient even when it comes to the lil' thing 'cos you might just get your phone confiscated xP
-taking up more responsibilities
-learning how to adapt to whats happening around you

yeah, there's so many to list down. If I were to list them all down, I don't think it'll ever end. So yeah, changes here and there. how do you cope with them? Well, one of the few ways is to get help from friends or family. I mean... they're the ones who will always be there for you no matter what. They'll support whatever you do and that's what matters and all you need.. a lil' love and compassion from someone toward you.
So yeah, these challenges are merely stepping stones of the greater things to come in life. You have to realize that everyday as you wake up, it is and will always be a whole new world. hehe.. I've been listening to the song by Kris Allen " live like your Dying". It's quite good actually, both music wise and lyric wise. Appreciate what you have now but never get too stuck with the present. There is still the future to look forward to. Just so you know, there are 86400 seconds in a day. What are you doing with your 86400 seconds?
Long story cut short. Changes will always be there, it's how we look at it ( isit for the better or worse ). I can simplify it in this way....
Adapt to your changes and work it out, so that you can enjoy the present... create memories for the past and pave a way for an exciting future. x)
anyways, that's as much wisdom as you can get from me today ( if there was any... haha )
till the next one peoplz...
-darrenkhoo
signing out

P.S. Someone once told me...
" A person is wise if he loses what he cannot gain and gains what he cannot lose ".
hehehe think bout it...

No comments: