Friday, January 1, 2010

it's a new year

it's that time again where we all celebrate a festive new year in anticipation of all the excitement there is to come within the year. I hope y'all had a great countdown last night. I can already see the headlines in my life. A new College, SPM results to come, new friends, WORLD CUP 2010, yet another birthday and so much more. I should be having butterflies in my stomach, no? hahaha, yeah probably so. But it kinda keeps me motivated too, so all in all its good. This is probably the first time in my life I'm doing this but I've made a To-do list for the year 2010. There's 15 things in all I hope to accomplish this year and hopefully I can look back at it come 31st December 2010 and be proud that i've completed that list. Maybe you should do one too. There's no harm and it might drive you to go to greater heights in life. It's a suggestion. :):)
And in case you didn't know, MU swept aside Wigan 5-0 the previous day. It is only a matter of time before MU bag their fourth consecutive BPL title and hopefully another Champions League trophy.
hmm... since I'm so free now I'ma comment on the whole Tiger Woods scandal. It's like what 14 women already? that guy really did impress me. I thought of him as an icon though I didn't really watch golf. The fact that he cheat on his wife anf family and in the manner that he did it was simply unexcusable. One slip-up is bad already but 14 slip-ups? haha, that's just plain gigolo turn playboy. Too much Too much. He's removed himself from my "people I admire" list and I think I speak for loads of Tiger fans too. Such a shame yet I hope he'll be ok and his situation will resolve soon enough. All the best to him.
Speaking of sports, I watched the ESPYS2009 for the first time ( right don't ask me what ESPY stands for because I don't know either ) and it was quite cool actually. It's kinda a way to reminiscist on all the sporting events that has happened throughout the year and to award the accolades where it is deserved. As expected, Michael Phelps won the sort of "best Sportsman" award. I liked the " best match " though. It was a competition between the "nadal vs Federer" Wimbledon final, the "superbowl finals showdown" and a basketball match. All were great games, the basketball match had about 6 overtimes if I'm not mistaken. I mean, have you ever seen six overtimes in a basketball match? That's really something. And the 5+hours epic final showdown between Nadal and Federer. Phew, that's all something you really shouldn't miss and lastly the Superbowl final that went all the way to practically the last second when the team won. The whole nation and parts of the world were watching that one. It was awesome and was duly awarded the best match of the year.
So yeah... I've been prety much drowning myself in TV and computer everynow and then. I think I have to go off now, it's 2 o'clock in the morning. I'm learning the "According to you" solo by Orianthi. I hope I can play it by the end of next week. hehe
O'well, I guess I'll see y'all next time. Have a great year and my lessings to you all.

-till next time
darrenkhoo
signing out

No comments: